Former Telecom Minister A Raja who was last month released from the jail on bail in 2G spectrum case, on Sunday said that he was a victim of false charges made against him by the media and political parties.
The DMK leader who addressed a meeting in his parliamentary constituency in Nilgiris assured his supporters that said that as a lawyer he would fight his own case and come out clean.
“The case was nothing but sensationalised by the media and also political parties”, Raja said.
Raja said that there have been inconsistencies in calculating the so called loss related to the scam. “In 2009 the CV calculated of Rs 22,000 crore, which was “increased” to Rs 1.76 lakh crore by CAG, he said, the investigating agency CBI had brought down the amount to Rs 35,000 crore”, he said.
Raja on Sunday said that he was not disappointed with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for not defending him in the 2G scam, Raja told CNN-IBN. "I am not disappointed with the PM. I will defend myself. I am competent enough."
The DMK leader added that there was no question of being singled out in the case. "There is no question of being singled out in the 2G case. People still have faith in me," he said.
He said that there have been corruption charges against many political leaders but he has been singled out.