SPIRIT DSP, the world's top voice and video over IP engines provider, has announced the next version of its multipoint videoconferencing software for telecom operators, hosted service providers and enterprises, VideoMost.com 2.0.
VideoMost is an HD quality, massively multipoint web videoconferencing software only product, enabling service providers and enterprises to deliver a self branded videoconferencing service from the cloud or with on premise installation.
The product combines state of the art videoconferencing technology with business collaboration tools, such as conference moderation and management, screen and file sharing, broadcasting, ability to connect SIP endpoints (such as legacy Polycom VC hardware) and many more. VideoMost conferences can be accessed using any standard browser, although the product also has desktop and iPad downloadable clients featuring additional functionality.
"The need for new value added services is the main topic in today's telecom world. With the decline of traditional voice service usage due to strong over the top and cloud offerings from VoIP and other internet companies, telecom and hosted service providers are looking for services that allow them to compete better." said SPIRIT's head of telcos relationships Alex Zakharov. "If a service provider wants to roll out fast WebEx like, high margin, enterprise focused web videoconferencing service, under its own brand and billing, in a secure and controlled way, from its own data center, VideoMost software licensing is the answer."
New key features and benefits in VideoMost.com 2.0 include:
· Videoconferencing on the go with support for Apple's iPad (the VideoMost client is downloadable in the App Store).
· Enhanced video quality with TeamSpirit Voice&Video Engine 3.2 inside, supporting connections from 512 Kbps and providing up to 30 fps (frames per second) and 720p HD quality for each participant.
· Broadcasting/Recording API, allowing the conference speaker to record and broadcast to an unlimited number of viewers/participants.
· SIP integration to support legacy videoconferencing SIP hardware endpoints (i.e., Tandberg and Polycom), including SIP in/SIP out calls from mobile and fixed phones to/from a conference.
· Support for LDAP and corporate controls with single authorization and corporate contact list support.
· Additional features: file sharing, recording, integration with emails and calendars, text chat.
· Support for all popular browsers, including the most recent versions of Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Opera.
· Debian 6, CentOS 5 and 6, RHEL 5 and 6 and Ubuntu support for the VideoMost server.