Former Telecom Secretary Siddharth Behura on Friday filed a petition in the High Court challenging the charges framed against him by the CBI in the 2G spectrum allocation case.
Contention of Behura is that there is not sufficient evidence against him. He is in jail along with the former telecom minister and the prime accused A Raja facing probe in the case.
He said it is not the case of CBI that he received any bribe or took part in any conspiracy.
Earlier on December 16 last year High Court had rejected Behura’s bail plea. Justice V K Shali had pronounced the judgment without disclosing the grounds on which Behura’s bail was rejected. With this the chances of Raja applying for bail had also got blurred as he was waiting for the outcome of the Behura’s bail plea before making any move .
The High Court earlier had granted bail to the rest of the accused including DMK leader Kanimozhi, corporate executives and Raja’s aide Chandolia. The court had said that the case of Raja and Behura is different from the rest.
On December 1, the CBI had rejected Behura’s bail plea on the ground that being a public servant his role was serious and the bail to him would mean Raja may seek the bail on the ground.