Samsung Electronics, on Tuesday announced the launch of Galaxy Tab S, the thinnest and lightest device with Super AMOLED display for Rs. 37,800 for 8.4 inch & Rs. 44,800 for 10.5 inch variant. Available in 10.5 inch and 8.4 inch versions, the new Galaxy Tab S is powered with enhanced productivity features for effortless multitasking.
“We are excited to unveil the new Galaxy Tab S offering a dazzling display, exquisite slim design and finest performance to our Indian consumers. The technological marvel is thinnest, lightest and is equipped with Super AMOLED touchscreen. With innovation at the core of our mission to lead the tablet segment, launch of Galaxy Tab S will further propel us in this growing category and facilitate ground-breaking success”, said Asim Warsi, VP, Mobile & IT, Samsung India.
The Galaxy Tab S embodies the next evolution in mobile display technology, delivering a wider range of rich and crisp colors. Its industry-leading WQXGA (2560x1600, 16:10) Super AMOLED display delivers more than 90% of Adobe RGB color coverage – expressing more colors than ever before – and has a remarkable 100,000:1 contrast ratio which provides deeper and more realistic images by making blacks darker and whites brighter. Pre-set professional modes – AMOLED Cinema and AMOLED Photo – also let users manually adjust the display settings for bright, dynamic results for both video and photo content.
Both the Galaxy Tab S tablets are light and easy to carry, having a sleek 6.6 mm profile and at only 467gm for 10.5 inch and 298 gm for 8.4 inch. The tablet is powered with enhanced productivity features for effortless multitasking, all elegantly housed in a highly stylish, yet practical design.
The Galaxy Tab S is powered by Exynos 5 Octa-core core processor for an exceptional tablet productivity and entertainment performance. Incorporating 3GB RAM and a 16 GB of internal memory which is expandable to 128 GB, Galaxy Tab S delivers a faster and more powerful experience. The Tablet is equipped with Android’s latest Kit-Kat operating system and has an 8 megapixel rear camera with full HD video in high quality capability and a 2.1 megapixel HD front camera.
The Galaxy Tab S is made for entertainment and comes packed with a variety of content including:
• Galaxy Gifts: Samsung has teamed up with the world’s leading mobile content and service providers to offer its Galaxy Tab S users the ultimate entertainment experience through premium content and services across a wide range of industries.
• Leading the content offering is MyPlex with a pack of 100 free HD movies exclusively for the Tab S. Keeping in mind the extraordinary display of the Tab S, MyPlex has on offer the latest Hollywood blockbusters to choose from.
• Magzter has created a special bouquet of 21 leading Indian magazines with a 3 month subscription for Tab S users.
• With Samsung's strategic partnership with Marvel, Galaxy Tab S users will be able to access over 15,000 Marvel Comics through 3 months of unlimited free membership to Marvel’s “Marvel Unlimited” app.
• Kindle for Samsung: Exclusively for Samsung customers, and customized for the Galaxy Tab S, users will receive a free book every month through Samsung Book Deals, plus the ultimate e-reading experience with access to a vast selection of e-books in the Kindle store.
Samsung has also partnered with Google Play, Google’s online digital entertainment store offering apps, games, music, movies, books and magazines. To get Galaxy Tab S users started, Samsung and Google Play are offering several gifts: access to a range of movie and entertainment content, including the Warner Bros. Academy Award winning movie “Gravity” as well as a variety of books and magazines from top publishers through the “My Library" widget.
Additional useful features include a ‘Multi User Mode’ that enables up to 8 users to create their own personal optimized profile, safe and convenient access with a built-in ‘Fingerprint Scanner,’ and a specially designed ‘Kids’ Mode’ with its own dedicated interface and kid-friendly applications.
As part of its introductory offer, all Samsung Galaxy Tab S consumers will get 9 GB of free data from Reliance Communications, which can be used on 3G or 2G. In addition, consumers will also get free access to a library of more than 1000 movies through BigFlix for 3 months on the Reliance Communications connection*.
The Tab S can be experienced & pre-booked at select stores across India. There is also a special offer from Samsung to all customers who pre-book the tablet at the Samsung India E-Store or at specified preview outlets where the Tab S is on display to be experienced. As per the offer, all consumers buying the Tab S by pre-booking it between 1st to 11th July stand to receive a free book cover accessory.
The power packed Galaxy Tab S range will be available in India from mid-July 2014 at a Market Operating Price (MOP) of INR. 37,800 for 8.4 inch & INR. 44,800 for 10.5 inch variant. Offered in Wi-Fi and LTE connectivity options, the new Tab S series will be available in two colour options, Titanium Bronze and Dazzling White.